- Please stay home if you are unwell.
- Scan your barcode every time you enter the club.
- You will need to bring a towel, water bottle and exercise mat.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Bookings are essential for all classes.
Please read carefully all the information below…
When you come into Workout and scan your membership key tag, you will be confirming your agreement to these Conditions of Entry.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Stay home if unwell
- Scan your barcode every time you enter the club
- Wash or sanitise your hands on arrival
- Bring and use a large towel every time you workout
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Keep your distance, stay 1.5 metres apart
Class Booking Requirements
- Bookings are required for all classes with a limit of one class per day.
- Booking for all classes is complimentary.
- You can book 5 days in advance for classes; however to keep things fair, there will be a limit of 3 future bookings at any one time. If you try to book more than 3 future classes you will receive a message saying "Global Booking Limit exceeded". For further information, see our booking tips below.
- The cancellation notice period for all classes is 1 hour. This means if you cannot attend your class please cancel your class booking through the member portal up to 1 hour before the class starting time.
- If you are booked in for an early morning class, we do ask you to cancel by 9pm the night before. This will allow members who are on the waitlist to receive notice the night before.
- If you call the Club to cancel within 1 hour of class starting time, it is considered a ‘late cancellation’.
- Members who do not cancel their booking and do not come to their booked class are considered ‘no shows’.
- The booking system works best if you plan ahead and book your classes 3 to 5 days in advance. This is also a good way to stay committed to your exercise regime!
- Know when bookings open for the classes you want to attend. Bookings open to the hour, 5 days before the day/class you want to book. For example:
- on Monday at 8am you can book a Saturday 8am class
- on Wednesday at 6am you can book a Monday 6am class
- on Saturday at 6pm you can book a Thursday 6pm class
- Prioritise your bookings by booking into the classes with limited spaces first.
- After you attend one of these bookings, you can then book into another class of choice on the other days. Most classes in the large group exercise room do not book out.
- Minimise the number of classes you are on the waitlist for as this takes up one of your future bookings.
- The club has a professional deep clean every night
- Touch free alcohol-based hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the club
- New automatic water bottle filling stations (bubblers are not available)
- Additional cleaning stations utilising paper towel, sanitiser and Disinfectant wipes throughout the club
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitisation protocols
- Observing capacity limitations for each area and ensuring contact tracing as per public health requirements through implementing a booking system
- Staggering class/session times so there is no overlap between members arriving and leaving
- No towel, no workout policy
- BYO exercise mat policy
- Touch free taps and soap dispensers
- Ladies change room renovated to be larger with increased bench area and private change cubicles
- Frequent sanitisation of shared surfaces
Upstairs Fitness Floor
- Spacing of cardio equipment to ensure social distancing
- Stretch area moved to The Green
Main Gym Floors
- Spacing of weight equipment to ensure social distancing
- Encouraging use of The Green for exercise
- Phasing out of paper program cards and transferring it to a digitalised program card on the Workout App
Group Fitness (including RPM and GRC)
- Floor markers in the large Group Fitness Studio to ensure social distancing
- Spacing of reformers and bikes to ensure social distancing
- Class start times spaced apart to allow members to sanitise equipment
Do not attend the Club if you are unwell, have symptoms associated with COVID-19, suspect you may have been infected with COVID-19 (including close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19) or been advised by health authorities to self-isolate.